Thursday, September 30, 2010

Winner of the Free Photo Session

Thank you for those of you who participated in the contest.

As soon as I got this particular email, I knew right away that this family was THE one I wanted to a free photo session for. They truly deserve it. I have picked them as the winner and have contacted them to let them know. I have asked both the winner and the person who nominated this family if I could post the email that was sent to me. They have both agreed but I am making it anonymous and have changed the names.



"I wanted to nominate some of my best friends, The ---- Family. They have had a really hard year. Mike's parents separated and Mike's Mom moved away; and that is just the tip of the iceberg. For the last year, Mike's family has been going through a very personal and difficult (even traumatic) situation that has been very hard on everyone. Mike has also been unemployed for several months and has had a very hard time finding any kind of work; so that of course has put great financial stress on them. Mike decided to join the army and will hear back any day now when he will leave for bootcamp; but that of course means that he will leave his family for great lengths of time (I think he will be gone almost a year without a visit home), leaving his wife to be almost like a single mom. Mike's estimated time of departure for bootcamp is right around Christmas; and I think that some very precious and well done family pictures would be just perfect for them. They have not had any kind of even semi-professional family pictures done ever and I think that this would be such an awesome Christmas present for them to cherish for the very hard months coming up."



I am really excited to do a session for this family. But I am really touched because the person who sent this email has had some financial stress as well with unemployment, yet they were willing to nominate their friends instead. So I have not told them yet, until right now, that I would like to do a free session for their family. I think they deserve something for being so thoughtful and selfless. Thank you so much and I look foward to do a session for both deserved families!

Kim Wheeler

2 comments:

Amy September 30, 2010 at 1:10 PM  

What a fabulous idea for a giveaway!

Kylee October 1, 2010 at 12:31 PM  

You are so awesome to do both! You are such a sweetheart!

  © 2010 Kim Wheeler Photography

Back to TOP